I Corinthians 4:1-5 Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ,
and STEWARDS of The MYSTERIES of God.
Moreover it is REQUIRED in stewards, THAT MAN BE FOUND FAITHFUL.
But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man’s judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self, For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but he that judgeth me is the Lord. Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.
DEFINITION: Steward — One who is given a TRUST or CHARGE.
STEWARD, n. [G., a room. The steward was then originally a chamberlain or a butler.]
Webster’s 1828 Dictionary:
1. A man employed in great families to manage the domestic concerns, superintend the other servants, collect the rents or income, keep the accounts, &c. See Genesis 15:2 and 43:19.
2. An officer of state; as lord high steward; steward of the household, &c.
3. In colleges, an officer who provides food for the students and superintends the concerns of the kitchen.
4. In a ship of war, an officer who is appointed by the purser to distribute provisions to the officers and crew. In other ships, a man who superintends the provisions and liquors, and supplies the table.
5. In Scripture and theology, a minister of Christ, whose duty is to dispense the provisions of the gospel, to preach its doctrines and administer its ordinances.
I Corinthians 4:2b …it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
STEWARD, v.t. To manage as a steward.
NOTE: If a man is a Minister; he is to be a STEWARD of the MYSTERIES of God. Moreover it is REQUIRED in stewards, that a man be found faithful.
Found faithful to being STEWARDS of The MYSTERIES OF GOD.
NOTE: STEWARDS of the MYSTERIES OF GOD.
QUESTION: What will happen to the person who is NOT a steward to the mysteries of God?
SEVEN of the MYSTERIES are:
The MYSTERY of GODLINESS
1. I Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the MYSTERY OF GODLINESS: God was MANIFEST IN THE FLESH, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
Jesus Christ is not just Lord, but THE LORD GOD OMNIPOTENT.
The MYSTERY of Christ indwelling the believer.
2. Colossians 1:25-27 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God: Even the MYSTERY which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints: To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this MYSTERY among the Gentiles; which is CHRIST IN YOU, the hope of glory: ….
A MYSTERY that is almost impossible to explain to a LOST MAN.
The MYSTERY of the CHURCH
3. EphesiansÂ 5:29-32 For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the CHURCH: For we are members of his BODY, and his FLESH, and of his BONES. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and THEY TWO shall be ONE flesh. This is a GREAT MYSTERY: but I speak CONCERNING CHRIST and the CHURCH.
We are BONE of his BONE and FLESH of his FLESH.
The MYSTERY of the RESTORATION of Israel.
4. Romans 11:25-28 For I would not, brethern, that ye should be IGNORANT of this MYSTERY, lest ye should be wise in your own CONCEITS: that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in. And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my COVENANT unto them, when I shall take away their sins. As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the FATHERS sake.
The MYSTERY of the RAPTURE OF THE CHURCH.
5. I Corinthians 15:55-52 Behold, I shew you a MYSTERY; We shall not all sleep, but we shall ALL BE CHANGED, In a moment, in the TWINKLING OF AN EYE, at the LAST TRUMP: for the TRUMPET shall sound, and the dead shall be RAISED incorruptible, and we shall be CHANGE.
The MYSTERY of the ANTICHRIST
6. II Thessalonians 2:7-11 For the MYSTERY OF INIQUITY doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the BRIGHTNESS OF HIS COMING: Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all POWER and SIGNS and LYING wonders, And with all DECEIVABLENESS of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received NOT the LOVE OF THE TRUTH, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them STRONG DELUSION, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed NOT THE TRUTH, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
The MYSTERY Babylonian religion ROME.
7. Revelation 17:1-7 And there came one of the seven angels which had the seven vials, and talked with me, saying unto me, Come hither; I will shew unto thee the JUDGEMENT of the GREAT WHORE that sitteth upon many waters: With whom the kings of the earth have committed fornication, and the inhabitants of the earth have been made drunk with the wine of her fornication. So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a WOMAN sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and decked with GOLD and PRECIOUS STONES and PEARLS, having a GOLDEN CUP in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her formication: And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH, And I saw the WOMAN drunken with the BLOOD OF THE SAINTS and with the BLOOD OF THE MARTYRS OF JESUS: and when I saw her, I wondered with great admiration. And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the MYSTERY OF THE WOMAN, and the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
Revelation 17:9 And here is the mind which hath wisdom. The seven heads are SEVEN MOUNTAINS on which the WOMAN sitteth.
Revelation 17:18 And the WOMAN which thou sawest is that GREAT CITY WHICH REIGNETH over the KINGS OF THE EARTH.
ANSWER: He will be found to have been AN UNFAITHFUL STEWARD.