Matthew 3:1-2 In those days came John the Baptist, preaching in the wilderness of Judaea, And saying, Repent ye: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
Mark 1:14-15 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God, And saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the gospel.
Matthew 4:17 From that time Jesus began to preach, and to say, Repent: for the kingdom of heaven is at hand.
NOTE: There are two seperate kingdoms noted in the above verses. One is a spiritual kingdom (Kingdom of God) and one is a political kingdom (Kingdom of Heaven).
1) The Kingdom of God is a Spiritual Kingdom into which you must be born (second birth).
2) The Kingdom of Heaven is a Physical Kingdom that will be on this earth when Christ Jesus returns to this world. His kingdom will last for 1,000 years on this very earth. The 1,000 year period is referred to as the Millennial Reign of Christ.
The word Millennium is a Latin word: mil = one thousand and annum = year. Mil Annum = one thousand years = Millennium.
Millennial reign of Christ = the one thousand year reign of Christ on this very earth.
Christ comes back just before the Millennium.
Things that are different are not equal. The two kingdoms are different and separate.
NOTE: Here are some reasons why they are different.
1) Fouls of the air can fly in heaven; they do not fly in God.
2) There are clouds in heaven; there are no clouds in God or God’s Kingdom.
3) God created the heavens; they did not create Him.
4) God was in the beginning; the heavens were not.
5) The heavens are material; you can see them. God is a Spirit, and cannot be seen.
6) God has a moral nature; the universe is amoral.
7) God controls the heavens; they do not control Him.
8) The heavens declare the glory of God; God does not declare the glory of the heavens.
9) The heavens contain darkness, and in God there is no darkness at all.
10) The heavens can be populated; God cannot.
11) The word «GOD» and «HEAVEN» are spelled with different letters.